lunes, 31 de agosto de 2009
domingo, 30 de agosto de 2009
viernes, 28 de agosto de 2009
Specially I like this line “Kids are murdering other kids for the fun of it”
miércoles, 26 de agosto de 2009
In my story the concept of discipline shows up with the protagonist Sookie, because like I said Sookie is a telepath, so because of this she has the power on the peoples thoughts, with this ability Sookie have to be responsible with the information that she gets from the people. When Sookie is at work, she uses a lot the concept of discipline, because she has to be careful and put attention with the words that people say with their mouth or with their thoughts, because like everybody Knows the people’s thoughts are private and Sookie doesn´t have the right to invade and exhibit their thoughts. In general the protagonist proves how a person can have a constant order with herself and with other people and how a person can use the concept of discipline in every moment in her life.
Another way in which my story explains the concept of discipline is with the commitment that a person has when they read a book, a person who loves to read proves that they have a lot of discipline, because they show order when they read in a constant way, so I think this is a god way to try and use the concept of discipline in their lives.
martes, 25 de agosto de 2009
Sookie lives in a little town called Bom Temps in the state of Washington U.S.A., she is a waitress in a bar called Merlots, in this bar one day something happened, a vampire shows up. His name is Bill Campton, a number of Sookie’s friends were in shock to see the vampire get in the bar, but Sookie felt released, because when she tried to read his mind and she couldn´t, so she fell in love with him. When Bill saw Sookie, he felt some different attraction but he didn´t understand “Why?”, so they began a relationship.
One day Bill takes Sookie into a bar called Fangtasia, the owner of this bar is a vampire called Erich. Erich is a very powerful vampire; he is the sheriff for the vampires in the area 5, so he is the boss of Bill. When Bill shows up with Sookie, Bill said to Sookie “Here are the vampires you wanted to see”. But in that moment Erich felt some attraction for Sookie, so when Bill go to said Hi, Erich couldn’t take out the look on Sookie, Something happened in the bar and Erich found out that Sookie was a telepath, so Bill took Sookie out of there. Bill noticed the reaction of Erich, so he has to found something to save Sookie from Erich, because in the moment when Erich decided to had Sookie with him, he could do it because he is more powerful than Bill.
At the end Sookie got in debt with Erich and she had to work with him to save Bill from Erich, so she read the minds of the humans employers in the bar from Erich to found out who is the one who Stoll him money. Finally she found out that a vampire was the responsible, Erich sets Bill free, but Sookie has to work with for him in the next book.
lunes, 24 de agosto de 2009
It is a little story about a girl, her name is Mary and she likes really to read novels and she imagine that she was the protagonist.
The majority of her friends were thinking that she lived out of reality.
Many novels that she read were very interesting and romantic but when she was reading these she felt very excited.
So, both her family and her friends respect her ideas and feelings.
Sometimes when she felt bad she choose to read and she found a time to relax and distract of her problems.
It is a little story about a girl, her name is Mary.
Mary it’s a girl who loves read novels, so she always imagine that she is the protagonist in the story, because of this the majority of her friends think that she lives outside of reality.
Many novels that Mary reads are very interesting and romantic, so when she was reading those novels, she felt very excited. But at the end both her family and her friends respect her ideas and her feelings.
Sometimes when she feels bad, she chose read one of her favorite’s novels, so she tried to found some time to relax and distract of her problems.
The novel Idhún Memoris from Laura Gallego, some people were thought that the story give them the best time reading of their lives, because the story take part in their emotions very deeply, few were present on the signature of the book.
Maite Carranza is considerate one of the best writers from Spain, She wrote already 40 novels in her life, some people were thought that the Novel The clan of the wolf is the most important novel of Maite Carranza because of the strong feelings that present in the history.
domingo, 23 de agosto de 2009
1) Select and correct.
_B__ 1) Many people can’t understand how bees can fly
_B__ 2) Michael can’t stop thinking that there’s going to be a problem with this project
_A__3) Rodney has always been able swim faster than I can.
_A__ 4) Our class is supposed to finish this book before we can move on to the next one.
__B_ 5) All of the books that you will need for this report can be found in the library.
__A_ 6) John can give you the information you are going to need for your report tomorrow.
2) choose the right one.
1) Both the book and the notebook on the table (is/are) mine.
2) The fly is an insect that (lives/live) in people’s homes.
3) The sugar maple tree, from which maple sugar (is/are) made, (grows/grow) in New England.
4) Either her uncle or her cousins (is/are) coming to pick her up.
5) Linguistics, sociology, and anthropology (is/are) social sciences concerned with the study of humankind.
6) A number of students (wants/want) to go to Boston this weekend.
7) The motorcycle, like other two-wheeled vehicles, (is/are) more dangerous than vehicles having four wheels.
8) My brother believes that cabbage nd broccoli (is/are) bad for your health.
9) This library, with over 700 million volumes, (offers/offer) students a wide variety of reference materials.
10) Poetry (is/are) recognized as one of the most complex means of artistic expression.
11) Anybody who (wants/want) to join us at the dance should let us know.
12) It (was/were) Peter’s friends who called last night.
13) Twenty gallons of water (is/are) a lot to carry.
14) There (is/are) species of fish that never (comes/come) to the surface of the ocean.
15) A pair of gloves (was/were) found at the scene of the crime.
16) The oranges in the bowl on the counter (is/are) from California.
3) Circle the underlined part that is incorrect.
1) Nutritionists currently believe that vitamin A and beta-carotene aid in preventing some kinds of cancer.
2) The Swedish settlers who built the first log cabins in the state of Delawere brought their logs with from their homeland.
3) During the early 1970’s, the American public collectively had become health conscious, turning away from the highly processed foods that had been so popular in the past.
4) In 1968, John Steinbeck was givengave the Nobel Prize for literature for his acclaimed novel, The Grapes of Wrath.
5) It has always been thought that cell mutation is a random event; however, geneticists found find evidence to the contrary over the past few years.
6) Important news is now conveyed electronically from one side of the globe to the other in a matter of seconds.
7) Democrats had dominated the White House for five terms when Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower was elected in 1952.
jueves, 20 de agosto de 2009
The text talks about why is important the social network, and explained specifically the functions of LinkedIN and how to use it for have succes in bussines and to be conected with the peopole related to you interests. It matter´s to our team because we live in thechnology an social time and all the tools that we can use for being succesful are needed to be used.
2- What has the author being trying to convey?
He was trying to explain that if we use tools as LinkedIN as a project of marketing and relationships we can improve our impact in public and of course doing in a shorter time.
We agree with the idea.
3- What is the text trying to do?
It´s trying to persuade us the idea of using LinkedIN.
We think that the text have a very good point, and we agree with the idea of using LinkedIN.
martes, 18 de agosto de 2009
1. How to avoid problems about nationalism in México
Many Mexicans believe that privatizing the oil is like losing their autonomy and if that is said by a foreigner it is worst.
Hey man, if you let me tell you something about Pemex, I would tell you that in USA we believe that it would be better for you to privatize oil, but tell me what you think, because you are the most interested and you are inside of the problem.
In México people respect their mom’s and sister’s a lot, but with a sister they respect and protection is even more, so in a party they always are watching who talks to her and pay attention in what someone said to her.
Solution or Advice
First ask if her brother is in the party? Then if he was, do not dance to close with the girl, also do not say bad words and finally introduce yourself to the brother very politely.